Saturday 4 January 2014

Day 7 Lists #blog12daysxmas

I love lists.  I love trying different apps and sites that will keep lists for me.  Whenever I feel like I have too much crowding my head, too much that I need to get through, creating a list makes me feel like I am that much closer to meeting my deadline or making it past an insurmountable task.  Once my list is out of my head, I feel as though I can power through things much more easily.

Having said that I love trying list apps, I don't feel as though I am getting through anywhere near as much as when I write down my dot points on a notepad (or piece of paper if my notepad is not in easy reach).  Quickly jotting down key words, line by line, as they form in my head, makes it simpler for me to think of the next task.  The very act of putting a line through things gives me a greater sense of accomplishment than striking through a word electronically ever could.

The majority of my list centres on work sitting at a PC, they are all relatively huge tasks and all have a sense of urgency.  Just as I crossed off one major one today, another major one appeared that I had forgotten about!  I do plan to make good headway into a different one in what is left of today.


No comments: