Tuesday 31 December 2013

Day 5 Maker spaces and libraries - Pinterest board #blog12daysxmas

Following on from my post regarding maker spaces in public libraries and the LinkedIn group about maker spaces in public libraries, I started thinking about the ways that libraries could also harness ideas on what to do/create/make if they created such a space for their users.

A search on the internet didn't give as many ideas as I wanted, especially considering I wanted any activities to eventually become self sustaining, not ones requiring constant staff intervention.  A Pinterest search gave me better results, but these were still fairly fragmented, so I created a Pinterest board specifically with ideas for maker spaces in libraries.  Many of the activities here relate to the STEAM principles (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics).

I'd be interested in your thoughts and welcome any contributions :)

No comments: