Friday 27 December 2013

Day 3 Maker Spaces/Hacker Spaces - does one fit in my library? #blog12daysxmas


Today I met up with Michelle, from Connecting Librarian, who I am partnering with to present a workshop on maker spaces in libraries at VALA2014 (look at Wednesday 5 February 2014). Our idea is to provide an interactive workshop where participants leave with a plan on how they can implement a maker space in their library, no matter which sector, what they will need, funding commitments (if any), sustainability and promotion, amongst many other things.

 Both Michelle and I thought it would take us a while to plan the session, breaking it up into meaningful sub-sessions, but it all came together really well.  I'm very excited about what Michelle and I put together.  If you're interested in starting up a maker space in your library, then you really need to attend this workshop at VALA2014!

No comments: